Mentoring support for service leavers
SSAFA Mentoring is here to motivate, support and empower wounded, sick and injured men and women leaving the Forces.
Sign up for our email newsletter to get our latest news in your inbox
SSAFA Mentoring is here to motivate, support and empower service leavers who are leaving the Forces on a medical discharge. Mentoring is a powerful tool to help achieve your true potential outside the military.
We'll give you one-to-one face to face support during your transition onto Civvy Street and afterwards for up to one year. During that time your mentor will support you to achieve your personal goals however big or small as you move into civilian life.
Some of the benefits of joining SSAFA Mentoring include:
- Someone to listen, reassure you and to share your feelings
- Insight into civilian life
- Increase in your self confidence
- Help to build better relationships
- Improved ability to make decisions
- Increase in your motivation
- Help for your family
The SSAFA Mentoring programme can offer you:
- Readily accessible one-to-one support throughout your transition into civilian life
- A dedicated and trusted mentor who gives you space to explore your ideas and feelings
- Unconditional and consistent collaboration from another person to help you reflect on your strengths
- Support to draw on your own strengths, develop your own strategies and work out your own values.