St Vincents Residential Care Home
St Vincents is a residential care home for our Armed Forces veterans and those who depend on them. Our staff are here to make sure that they get the care and support they need to enjoy life to the full.
Sign up for our email newsletter to get our latest news in your inbox
Set in its own spacious grounds near Ryde on the Isle of Wight, SSAFA's award-winning care home is fully accessible, comfortable and well equipped.
Facilities at St Vincents
Our home has the following facilities for residents:
- Large passenger lift for easy access to all rooms
- Modern safety features fitted in all rooms, including 24 hour carer call system and smoke detectors
- Two large lounges for residents to entertain guests
- Reception area with open fireplace for residents to entertain guests
- Large dining room with tea bar
- Main lounge with bar facility
- Residents information area facility
- Spacious landscaped gardens
- Purpose-built bungalows and apartments for people with mild disabilities.
We encourage our residents to be as independent as possible but 24 hour care is on hand if it is needed. Ensuring the privacy and dignity for all our residents is hugely important to all the staff at St Vincents.
Food is a priority at St Vincents and home-cooked, wholesome meals are prepared at the (home catering facility) using fresh ingredients.
Entertainment and Activities
Our residents spend time in Ryde visiting the local shops, services and the library.
There is regular entertainment in the home including games, sing-a-longs and quizzes. There is also a plentiful supply of books, DVD's and games. Residents are also encouraged and helped to pursue their own hobbies and interests at St Vincents and nearby.
There are frequent outings in the home's minibus which is adapted for wheelchairs and other special requirements. (There is also an adapted car at the home for residents to make trips themselves).
Care Quality Commission (CQC)
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and social care in England. St Vincent's was rated as 'Overall Good' in thier most recent inspection. You can read more about our rating here.